Are you experiencing difficulty hearing? Do you feel pressure or pain in your ears? It could be due to earwax buildup. Earwax is a natural substance that helps protect your ear canal, but too much of it can cause hearing problems. Fortunately, we offer professional ear wax removal services that can safely and effectively remove earwax.
Please call your respective location with the numbers below to book an appointment or use the form at the bottom of the page.
Tel: 028 2765 7803 (Dunloy)
We are able to offer the Ear Wax Micro-suction Service or the Ear Wax Irrigation Service (also known as Ear Syringing) depending on their assessment of your situation.
What are the Signs of Excessive Ear Wax Buildup?
The signs of excessive earwax buildup include:
- Difficulty hearing or hearing loss
- Itching or irritation in the ear canal
- Tinnitus (ringing in the ears)
- Vertigo (dizziness)
- Feeling of fullness or pressure in the ear
Making an Ear Wax Removal Appointment
Booking for this service is currently made by telephoning either of our locations in Rasharkin or Dunloy. At present ear wax service is available at both our Dunloy and Rasharkin. Please call your respective location with the numbers below.
Tel: 028 2765 7803 (Dunloy)
You can also leave your details with the form at the bottom and we will be in touch to help or get started!
It would also be helpful to have the following information for this appointment:
- Personal Details
- Medication History
- Any Persistent or Recent Ailments, Discomfort, Pain or Infections in the ear
What To Expect at Your Ear Wax Removal Appointment
- Rest assured that our experts will use the safest method of ear wax removal to help you.
- Your ear wax removal appointment will take roughly 30 mins
- After asking a few questions to get a better understanding of the health of your ears
- Our experts will examine your ear canals and ear drums
- We’ll then talk you through the procedure and show you the equipment that will be used and explain how it works.
- Once you are happy to go ahead, we will gently remove any ear wax that’s in your ear.
- After our expert has performed the procedure, they will then check the health of your ears and record this information.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a cost for the ear wax removal service?
The cost for this service is £50 per appointment. Any additional cost will depend on your individual situation. We will be able to advise.
Do I need an ear wax removal?
Excessive earwax buildup can cause blocked ears, earache amongst other ailments. If you are experiencing any discomfort or pain in the ear it’s important to book an appointment so a specialist can advise on next steps.
How Long Does Ear Wax Removal Take?
Ear wax removal typically takes only a few minutes to complete, but the length of time may vary depending on the method used and the amount of earwax present.
How Often Should You Get Your Ears Cleaned?
The frequency of ear wax removal varies from person to person. Some people may need their ears cleaned every few months, while others may only need it once a year.
Can You Prevent Earwax Buildup?
While it is not possible to completely prevent earwax buildup, there are steps you can take to reduce the risk. These include:
- Avoid using cotton swabs or other objects in the ear canal
- Keep your ears clean and dry
- Use earplugs or a swim cap when swimming
- Avoid exposure to loud noises